Keep pork lean with these easy tips:
- Trim all visible fat from meat before cooking
- Bake, broil, grill or microwave foods more often
- Use less added fats such as butter, oil, salad dressings or sauces
- Eat less fried or deep fried foods
- When choosing luncheon meats, sausages or prepackaged meats, choose those lower in salt
Eat like a champion
To keep you energized, fuel your active lifestyle with healthy food choices!
To stay energized, combine lean pork cuts with complex carbohydrates like brown rice, whole wheat pasta or quinoa. This winning formula fuels active muscles and replenishes energy stores, helping you perform your best.
Pairing pork with superfoods like bright coloured vegetables or seasonal berries provides you with extra energy, vitamins and minerals.