Power or Natural Gas Emergency

Power line emergency: If you suffer a power outage or natural gas problem, contact Manitoba Hydro toll-free at 1-888-624-9376.

Carbon monoxide emergency: Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colourless and odourless gas. Dangerous CO levels can result when oil, kerosene, gasoline, diesel, propane, natural gas, or wood burns without enough oxygen. A properly maintained CO detector can alert you to the presence of carbon monoxide in your home.

If your CO detector goes off:

  • Do not ignore the alarm.
  • If you experience any symptoms of CO poisoning (may include: headache, shortness of breath, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, mental confusion, weakness, vision and hearing impairment, fainting, loss of muscle control), or anyone in the building is a child, elderly or pregnant, call 911 or your local emergency services. People (and pets) affected should get fresh air by opening windows or going outside.
  • If you suspect equipment malfunction, immediately turn off the fuel-burning equipment or appliance, leave the building and contact Manitoba Hydro toll-free at 1-888-624-9376.

Any and all emergencies: Detailed information on how to prepare for an emergency is available by clicking here on the Public Safety Canada website.